Methi pulao is a yumm one dish meal that is really easy to prepare. The methi leaves give a beautiful flavor to the pulao. You need not prepare any special side dish for it, any raita or even papad/chips will do, which makes it one of the best choices for lunch box.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Methi leaves - 1 cup
- Green Peas - 1 cup
- Onions -1 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Coriander/Dhaniya powder - 1-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala -1/2 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
How To Prepare Methi Pulao:
- Take only the leaves from the methi bunch and discard the stem. Wash the leaves and keep side. Dice the onions into small squares.
- Wash rice and drain the water. Fry the rice in 1 tsp of ghee for a few minutes and pressure cook the rice till 2 whistles. Take out and spread it out in a wide basin to cool.
- Heat oil in kadai and add jeera. When the jeera splutters, add chopped onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Add peas and turmeric powder and mix well and saute for a few minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, dhaniya powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well and fry till it gives out a good smell.
- Add the methi leaves, mix well and close it with a lid and let it cook on reduced flame. Do not add water. Stir in between so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Check if the peas are cooked and add garam masala powder and mix well and cook for a few more seconds and remove from fire.
- Add it to the rice in the basin and mix well.
- Methi Pulao is ready. Serve it with raitha, papad or chips and enjoy!!.