Aloo Gobi is a popular spicy and flavorful dish made with potatoes and cauliflower. It is finger-licking delicious and goes very well with rotis, naan, phulkas or any pulao.
Here is the recipe for Aloo Gobi..
- Potatoes - 3 medium size
- Cauliflower - 1/4 kg
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Ginger/garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillie powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Salt - As required
- Oil - 3-4 tbl spn
How To Prepare Aloo Gobi Masala:
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut them it into small cubes. Finely chop onion and tomato and keep aside
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, wash and blanch them by putting them in boiling water and letting them remain in the water for a few minutes, then drain the water completely.
- Add a little bit of turmeric and salt to the potato cubes and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the potatoes till they are golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- In the same kadai, add a little bit more oil and add bay leaf and finely chopped onion. Fry till the onions turn light brown.
- Add turmeric and mix well. Then add ginger-garlic paste, jeera powder, chilli powder, tomatoes and salt and mix well and saute for a few minutes till it gives a good smell.
- Now add the fried potatoes and cauliflower, mix well and add enough water to cover the veggies, close it with a lid and cook on medium flame till the veggies become soft. Check for salt if required.
- Add garam masala powder mix well and let it cook for a minute more and switch off.
- Try this with rotis, parathas, or any pulao. Its so delicious!
Check out other Side dishes for Roti/chapati
More Aloo recipes:
Aloo Baingan Sabzi