Pudina Kobbari Pachadi -- This flavorful and delicious pachadi is very simple and easy to prepare and requires very few ingredients. I prepare 2 versions of this pachadi - one for idli and dosa and another for rice. I am presenting here the version which tastes awesome with idli and dosa.
Heres the recipe..
Pudina/Mint leaves - 1/2 cup
Coconut - 1 cup fresh and grated
Green Chillies - 2, slit lengthwise
Tamarind - a small gooseberry size
Salt - As per taste
Oil - 1 tsp
For the Seasoning:
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Channa Dal/Bengal gram - 2 tsp
Hing/asafoetida - 1 pinch
Curry Leaves - a few
Oil - 1 tsp
How To Prepare Pudina Kobbari Pachadi:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai and add the pudina leaves and green chillies and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow them to cool.
- Grind the sauteed pudina, green chillies, fresh grated coconut, tamarind and salt to a coarse paste. Add a little water while grinding.
- Once again, heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai pan and add the mustard seeds. Once they start to splutter, add the channa dal and fry them till they turn light brown.
- Add the curry leaves and hing and remove from fire.
- Pour this seasoning over the pachadi and serve hot with idli, dosa, upma or pongal.