Groundnut/Peanut Chutney - A quick and easy chutney recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It is a perfect accompaniment to idli, dosa, upma, rava idli and uttappam. If you like the taste of peanuts, then you will love this chutney. Many people add coconut, roasted gram or garlic to this chutney, but I prefer it as it is. Try out this delicious chutney.
- Roasted groundnuts/peanuts -1 cup
- Green chillies - 4 (adjust according to taste)
- Tamarind -1 inch piece
- Curry leaves - a few
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
How To Prepare Groundnut/Peanut Chutney:
- Grind the groundnuts, chillies, tamarind and salt together with a little bit of water. Take it out in a separate bowl. (It should be neither thick nor runny in consistency, so adjust water accordingly).
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering, add the curry leaves and switch off. Pour this on to the ground paste. The chutney is now ready.
- Tastes good with idli, dosa or upma.