Pesarattu - a popular breakfast dish from Andhra. It is a more healthier version of dosa as it is prepared with whole green gram. Pesarattu with upma is a popular combo and is taken both at breakfast and as a snack. It is typically served with ginger, coconut or onion chutney.
Now start your mornings with these protein-packed pesarattu dosas.
- Whole Green gram - 1 cup
- Raw rice - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1-inch piece
- Green chillies - 3Salt - As required
- Oil - To drizzle on dosa while cooking
How To Prepare Pesarattu Dosa:
- Soak green gram and rice together for 5 hours or overnight if possible. Grind to a smooth paste along with ginger, green chillies, salt and a little water. The batter should be coarse and a bit thicker than the regular dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it out into a dosa. Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around and on the dosa.
- When the first side is cooked, flip over to the other side and cook until done.
- Remove from tawa and serve hot with allam pachadi/ginger chutney or coconut chutney or onion chutney.
- The batter should be coarse and not too smooth. This will give good texture to the dosa.
- Can use finely-diced onions as topping.
- You can refrigerate the batter for upto 2 days.